Many friends and colleagues call me ‘EB’ (AKA: the Energizer Bunny). I’ve always joked, ‘what do they expect from someone who always case managed the most complex and acutely ill patients (e.g., Emergency Department, Intensive Care Units). This time of year, my multi-tasking skills go into overdrive, which makes that name especially appropriate. Besides, when you empower the knowledge of health and behavioral health professionals for a living and Case Management Week is on the horizon….Well, need I say more!
I promised to keep you all in the know of what I’m up to, so here is a list:
· RACmonitor: Latest articles:
o Medicare Advantage and the Social Determinants: Reaction vs. Real Coverage? (publication 10/10/19)
· The Professional Case Management Journal: Latest articles:
§ PART 2, COMING January 2020: Team Development, Interprofessional Team Activation, and Sustainability (CEUs)
Members of the Case Management Society of America (CMSA) have free access to the journal via the member portal of the association website.
· Experience Ellen: Upcoming presentations:
o 10/1- Mastering the SDOH: CMSA Phoenix Annual Conference, Scottsdale, AZ
o 10/14-Mastering the SDOH: DecisionHealth Care Coordination Summit, Orlando, FL
o 10/16-Mastering the SDOH: CMSA of Danville, Danville, PA
o 10/19-Managing Workplace Bullying: Tactical and Ethical Guidance; Alamo Chapter CMSA Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX
o 10/23-Mastering the SDOH: Mid-Atlantic CMSA, Newark, DE
o 10/24-Mastering the SDOH-Mid-Atlantic CMSA, Plymouth Meeting, PA
o 10/25-eTech Ethics 2020-NASW Virginia’s Ethics Symposium, Alexandria, VA
o 11/15-16-Foundations of Supervision-NASW Virginia’s premier course, Woodbridge, VA
· Book Discounts: Case Management Week:
o HCPro is offering 20% off each book when ordered off their website
Enter code: SAVE20
Enter code: SocialHealth2019!
Both books offer pre-approved CEUs: CCMs (14.0 Ethics), Nursing (4.5),Social Work (4.5).
· Patchwise Labs: Watch for my new column on the latest peaks and valleys of the Social Determinants of Health and Mental Health via their innovative news platform
· Monitor Monday: The ‘State of Social Determinants of Health’ gets prime attention every Monday at 10:00 am EST (or catch the post-event podcast through Googleplay, iTunes, Spotify, and Stitcher).
· Ellen’s Ethical LensTM : Join this LinkedIn Group community is for professionals in the health and behavioral health realm who share a vested interest in the impact of industry happenings on practice. Open to students, practitioners, providers, and industry stakeholders, article posted daily.
· Twitter @epflcswccm: Follow me and my Ethical Lens 7 days a week!
· Case Managers Community: Join over 11000 members, and stay informed on Case Management certification, job opportunities, and industry happenings
There’s always something new on the healthcare horizon, so check my website for updates and happenings across the industry.
My sincere appreciation to each one of you, for all you do to contribute to that ethical end in your organizations and through your own efforts.